June 19, 2015
Ok, now that the Pretty Girls Sewing competition is over, I am playing a little bit of catch up with my project list! I am starting off with this jacket that has been sitting on mannequin (unfinished) for some time. It is finally done and I am ready to share…
I used Butterick B6169 for the jacket. I shortened the length of the pattern by about 3 inches. Since I cut the length of the jacket, I had to move the pocket placement as well.
The fabric was purchased when I visited my friend in NY. The dark navy fabric is a silk/wool blend purchased from Metro Textiles (a new fabric store that I will be adding to my list for future trips…). The textured tile-like fabric was purchased at Mood Fabrics. I used the tile-like fabric on the inside of the lapel and the back panels. The fabric was pretty easy to sew and I did not have to match the tiles as the pattern was pretty random. I love the way the way that the jacket executed with the two fabrics.
I am in the process of preparing for my 20 year high school class reunion! I have a lot of projects that I am working on for that weekend. I will be posting more details soon!
Please let me know what you think about this jacket.