May 11, 2016
You may have seen me use this top pattern OVER and OVER and OVER again! I have remixed this McCall’s Pattern M7163 so many times. Here are some other post using this pattern HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.
DRESS: DIY McCalls M7163 HERE | TOTE BAG: Target (not online) similar HERE | SHOES: Sol Dana (The shoes were shipped to me in my first box from Stitch Fix. I tried Stitch Fix HERE (my referral code) | NECKLACE: old
If you have the pattern or can look it up online, you can see that I have made some changes to the pattern.
Here are some of the changes that I made:
- Added length the front and back sections of the shirt pattern pieces. The hem line was drawn freehand on the fabric. (I don’t remember how much I added to the length. I had to cut a few times to get the shape and length just right.
- The pattern also suggest two rows of 1/2″ elastic (I used 3/4″ elastic). Instead of running both rows of elastic, I used only 1 row of elastic. In addition, I added about 2-3 inches to the width of the shoulder portion. Using the one row of elastic and widening the casing, it created the top ruffle around the shoulder. (Let me know if this is clear…)
- With the fabric folded in half, I cut 8 inch wide strips of the fabric that I gathered to create the ruffles. I added ruffles to the hem and sleeves.
- Added pockets to the side seams
The linen/cotton fabric was purchased during the Hancock Fabric’s going out of business sell. The regular retail price was $19.99/yard. I bought the entire bolt and paid about $25.00 for approximately 5 years.
I would love to hear your thoughts.