May 26, 2016
Sometimes I have a creativity block and do a lot of over thinking of my projects. This dress was an example of me over thinking a project! The dress was completely self-drafted and has a very easy design and construction. I managed to over think and complicate a dress that should have taken about 1-2 hours to complete. It took me about a week to finally get this dress finished!
I had the hardest time figuring how I was going to connect the front and back panels. I wanted to use the little tassels in some way but could not quite figure out how to attach them. I could not decide if I wanted to use self-fabric to make the ties or some other option. I posted the picture of the tassels and fabric on IG and one of my sewing friends (@adormentlifestyle) gave me the best idea to use cording. I ran to Joann’s the next morning to buy cording. To further complicate things, I chose to use three different colors of the cording. I made a few versions testing of this tie and eventually settled on what I have here. I have a lot of jewelry making supplies so I was able to find some jump rings and the gold rings to use in attaching the tassels and three cords. (I am not quite sure how the tassels are going to wash. I will figure that out when that time comes. I will probably hand wash).
I purchased four yards of this fabric from Mood Fabrics HERE.
I love how this dress turned out overall. I would love to get your opinion! Let me know what you think.