June 9, 2016
Hello everyone! I am sharing a dress that I made recently for my cousin’s wedding. If you are familiar with some of my other post, you know that I often work until the wee-hours of the night finishing a project. I made this dress the night before her wedding and finished, through my tired eyes and hands, at about 3am that morning!
The dress was made using Vogue Pattern V8945 HERE. I really could have used any shift dress pattern. This pattern just happened to be cut and available for me to use.
I made the following adjustments:
- Created the a-line hem by adding about 3-4″ to the width of the bottom hem.
- I omitted the bell sleeve and added 4″ to the sleeve length.
- I added the ruffle to the front.
DRESS: DIY used Vogue V8945 (any shift dress or a-line dress could have been used) | SHOES: Sophia Webster | CLUTCH: old | EARRINGS: Bauble Bar
The cotton sateen fabric was purchased at Fabric Mart Fabrics a year or two ago. I am sure that I found it on sale. I lined the dress with a stretch nude cotton fabric. I arrived a few hours prior to the wedding to help with some of the preparations. I hardly had time to pick shoes to wear. I packed four pairs of shoes. I decided about five minutes before the start of the wedding that these were the shoes that I was going to wear. I also had only about 2 minutes to sneak away and take some quick pics…(so the dress is a little wrinkled…lolol).
I would love to hear your feedback!