April 6, 2017
Ok…so the fabric for this dress has been in my collection for a few years now. I am so excited that I FINALLY used it! Take a look!
I purchased the fabric at B and J Fabrics on a trip to New York to visit one of my friends. It is a zibeline fabric and has the most amazing texture, drape, and weight. For the ThReD and Needles sewing group, we decided to focus on florals to echo the trends that are happening for Spring and Summer 17. (I will be posting pics from the group shortly.) I had a hard time deciding if I wanted to finally cut into this fabric. I was storing it as if were a museum piece…lol. Well, I bit the bullet and decided to use the fabric for the group project. I purchased three yards of the fabric which was enough …but any mistakes, and it would have been a disaster. Most of the fabric consumption was matching the large print. If I do say so myself, I matched that back seam and arms like a champ!
- Omitted the collar ruffle
- Added the sleeve extension
- Added side seam pockets (a must!)
- Added full lining and interlining (the fabric was slightly transparent and for the design needed both lining and interlining)
DRESS: DIY (Simplicity 8264 with modifications) | SHOES: Steve Madden | HANDBAG: Louis Vuitton | EARRINGS: JCrew
I would love to get your thoughts…