November 26, 2017
I have concluded that I am not a very good blogger! If you read my last post, I expressed similar sentiments. It has been over a month since my last blog…yikes! Nevertheless, my lack of blogging has not been due to a lack of sewing. Although my projects have recently suffered due to a need for meeting impossible timelines. That pressure was actually taking away from the fun of sewing. Sewing is supposed to be fun, right!? Instead of forcing myself into crazy timelines, that get interrupted by life and other external factors, I will blog as a make new projects!
I am very excited to blog about my most recent grommet sweatsuit make. The ThReD and Needles sewing group focused on sweatsuits this month. (I will be posting pictures from the group shortly.) Here are the details of my project:
For the sweatshirt I used Vogue V9026 View A. Here are the modifications:
- Cut the sleeve to above the elbow.
- Cut four rectangles to create tubes.
- Attached the top tube to the sleeve with random pleats.
- Attached the second tube and added an elastic to the center.
- Added elastic to the wrist.
- Randomly placed tucks throughout the length of each section.
For the sweatpants I used Vogue V8909 View B. No modifications.
SWEATSHIRT: Vogue V9026 View A | SWEATPANTS: Vogue V8909 View B |
EARRINGS: New York street find about 10 years ago
The fabric is a scuba knit fabric that I purchased at Hancock fabrics when they were going out of business. It washes well even with the grommets. I have had the grommets for this project in my stash since earlier this year. I knew that I wanted to use these to make a sweatshirt with the details. I have a few other grommet projects ideas, too!!!
Let me know your thoughts.